Preventative HVAC Maintenance Checkups for Your Heating & Air Conditioning System
J & J Mechanical has provided heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) services for Greenville and Kinston, N.C., as well as nearby communities in Lenoir County in the east central portions of North Carolina since 1988. We are pleased to offer Planned Service Agreements for regular maintenance and service calls for all your heating and cooling needs.
Air conditioners and heaters help keep us comfortable in the hot North Carolina summers and the cooler winter months. Most people don’t think about their heating and cooling units until they stop working. Regular HVAC maintenance reduces the occurrence of breakdowns and helps to prolong the life of the unit. One cause of air conditioner malfunction that most persons don’t expect, is a dirty filter. Seasonal maintenance includes a 25-point check-up of your heating and air conditioning system to make sure that it is in the best possible working order. A well-running unit uses less energy which saves both fuel and money.
Air conditioning tuneups should be done before the start of the summer season, and heating tuneups should be done before cold winter weather hits. Our professional technicians are trained to work on all brands and models of air conditioners, heaters, heat pumps, and furnaces. Planned HVAC maintenance and seasonal tuneups include:
- Twice-a-year checkups to ensure the HVAC system is working properly and efficiently
- Cleaning and replacing the air conditioner filter as needed
- Inspecting and lubricating all moving parts including fans and blowers
- Inspecting electrical wiring and connections
- Inspecting and leveling the thermostat
- Inspecting condenser and coils
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Inspecting and cleaning drainage conduits
- Ensuring that the unit cycles on and off properly
- Inspecting belts and bearings
- Inspecting furnace hood and housing for wear or rust
- Cleaning grilles and inspecting connections to ducts on central systems
- Checking for gas leaks on furnaces
- Checking the ignition system on gas furnaces
J & J Mechanical’s Heating and Air Conditioning Maintenance Plans
Our heating and air conditioning maintenance plans can save you money and time. Annual plans include:
- Two tuneups, one in the spring for the air conditioner and one in the fall for the furnace
- 15 percent discount on repairs
- Priority service
- No after-hours fees
- Affordable rates including discounts for multiple units
- Payment schedules to work with your budget needs
- Reminder call to schedule planned maintenance service
- Annual rates are currently $209 for one system and $119 for each additional system
Our technicians are courteous professionals who undergo regular training to ensure that they keep up with current standards in the HVAC industry. Training includes EPA certification in proper handling of refrigerants. Live operators answer your calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Even if you have an after-hours emergency, we are available to help solve your problem.
If you live within our service area in east-central North Carolina and would like to schedule a tuneup or find out more about our maintenance plans, give us a call to speak with a member of our staff about your needs.